Saturday, February 5, 2011

My guru

When I first saw her, I was so intimidated. Her old-fashioned image made me feel uncomfortable to ask or to tell something which would clarify my thoughts. The first day was a full of anxious moments thinking and asking myself, “Is she the one who would teach me until March?” I paused for a moment….

Regular classes have started. I went to school at exactly 6: 20 AM. It was so different because I used to wake up late. She told me that our first class is very dull and most of the students are absent. I was surprised by what she uttered. We went to the class and faced reality. I first observed her class in the days that passed. I saw her strategies and way of teaching. I wasn’t expecting that she, in her old-age would not be the traditional type of teacher. Her unique way of teaching is so much impressive because she is able to reach her students with difficulty in learning the language. Her classes start at 6:30 AM until 11:00 AM. I cannot believe how she handles classes with consistency, to think that she only has few minutes to prepare for the next class and she doesn’t have time to rest.

My cooperating teacher is my second mom. Yes. I frequently called her Ma’am but her distinct likeness would still be a mother who guides me in the path that I’m taking. She is very eager to teach and impart to me what she has. In every class that we have, there are always new things I learn and understand. She has provided me with bulk of knowledge that I can use when I’m in the field. Ma’am Casiano is not an ordinary person to me. She is my eyes in the dark side of my pathway. She directs me to the world of unknowns and helps me understand all the vague concepts that I may encounter.

My dear mentor will always be a precious stone that everyone is longing for. She was made firm by her experiences. Her effective way of teaching is truly admirable. Her dedication in teaching is something irreplaceable. I idolize her so much and I truthfully hope that I could fill in her footsteps in a very rough side road and I’ll be able to make my own.

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."

No comments:

Post a Comment