Saturday, February 5, 2011

know me in teaching..

I woke up one morning and all things have changed. It seems that the last four years are the memories of yesterday and this day is the time to face the truth; the truth that will never be a dream that you could wake up if u wish to get out from it.

When I was preparing my visual aids, I thought for a while and anticipated about what would happen. Honestly, I wanted to be a teacher who is terror and evil. lol. I wanted to be respected and looked up by my students. I wasn’t expecting that all these things were just a false fact.

I was trembling during my first encounter with my new students. They are very intimidating although they belong in a lower section. I discussed my topic and all of them listened. I tried to be cruel but I can’t explain why I couldn’t do it. My students are very sweet and thoughtful. You cannot search for flaws that will make you get angry with them. Sometimes I’m strict but most of the time, I let them do whatever they want provided that they will do whatever I ask.

I’m handling 3-6, 3-7, 3-14 and 3-15. These classes cannot be replaced by the most intelligent class in OCNHS. They easily touched my heart that made me decide to impart and provide them what I know.

So far, I’m really delighted that I can control the class when my time starts. I could see that they are very enthusiastic to learn new things. I promised myself that I will give them all they need that will make them better and functional citizens of our country.--too broad isn’t it? Lol. Presently, I have known that you cannot apply the same strategy in every class that you have. Since some of them are marginal learners, I resolutely believe that we should do activities that will reach their raw understandings about the language. Furthermore, I’m very glad that I’m able to touch their lives by the pieces of advice that I give.

I can still remember my student who asked me something about his life and he seeks help from me. I‘ve given all the pieces of advice that he can use throughout his life. He thanked me and trusted me to be his personal counselor. I cannot believe that I have the ability to strengthen the hidden emotions of my students. I learned to be transparent so that my students can reach me.

This experience cannot be substituted by the most precious thing in this world. It makes me blissful and it strengthens my passion in teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment